This is a hearty breakfast that will fill you up for a great start to your day.
- 6-8 pieces of bacon, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium parsnips, grated
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large handfuls of greens (spinach or kale)
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig, chopped (about 1 Tbsp)
- 1 or 2 eggs as desired
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by grating your parsnip and chopping up the bacon, yellow onion, mushrooms, and rosemary.
- Once everything is ready, heat a cast iron skillet or other large pan over medium heat.
- Toss in your bacon to cook.
- After about 5 minutes, add in the onion and cook everything for approximately 8 minutes while stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and the bacon is just starting to crisp up a little.
- Next, add in the grated parsnips. Spread everything evenly across the pan in a thin layer to cook. Stir everything well after a few minutes to get all of the bits of parsnip cooking.
- After the parsnips have cooked for about 5 minutes total, add in the mushrooms, greens, rosemary and some salt and pepper. Stir everything together well and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now, create a small divot in the hash for your egg. Crack the egg into the divot and cover your pan. Watch it closely and the egg will be cooked over easy just as the egg whites turn white in about 5 minutes.