3 Free Articles Remaining (through 02/01/70)
Save 15% off of your order at
using the promo code:
The 2016 Ancestral Health Symposium is happening right now and in just a couple days Tony’s going to be giving a talk called “Get Up, Stand Up: A Brief History of Sedentarism and Why Movement is Good Medicine.” If you’re at AHS, we’d love for you to check it out, and if you do, be sure to say “Hi”, but if not, we’ve brought you the next best thing.
Today’s episode of PMR is the 2nd half of a two part series dedicated to the movement movement.The last episode featured Mobility Wod’s Kelly Starrett and today we’re featuring Katy Bowman of NutritiousMovement.com for her second PMR appearance.
CLICK HERE for the full transcript.
On today’s show we discuss:
- The relationship between fossil fuel consumption and sedentarism
- The effects of outsourcing the physical work of making food, textiles, and technology.
- Why an hour of exercise a day isn’t enough
- Why our environment, not our bodies, is the problem
- The limits of mainstream exercise science
- How to build movement into life
- The importance of stacking habits
- How a minimalist approach can maximize your life
- A little preview of what you’ll find in Katy’s upcoming book Movement Matters which is now available for preorder on Amazon.com
SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR PMR AND YOU CAN ENTER TO WIN SOME GREAT PALEO SWAG!
Its easy, simply post a review of PMR on iTunes and fill out our quick Registration Form and you’ll be entered to win your choice of 4 great books and a Paleo Magazine vinyl decal!
One winner will be randomly chosen each week.