Quick Burgundy Beef
A super fast, incredibly easy recipe. Who says lunch has to be boring? Treat yourself today.
Ingredients+ 1 flank steak (we used an amazing one from US Wellness Meats), sliced thin across the grain+ 1 large red onion, sliced into thin rings+ Coconut oil+ SAUCE*+ 1/2 cup organic red wine+ 2 TBSP coconut aminos+ 1 TBSP olive oil+ 2 cloves garlic, minced+ 1/2 tsp dried basil+ Freshly ground pepper to taste+ Pinch of sea salt
1. Mix sauce ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over high heat. Saute onions until softened, browned and caramelized.
3. Meanwhile, heat additional coconut oil in another large skillet over medium high heat. Add steak strips. Sear steak on both sides, about 1-2 minutes per side.
4. Add sauce to steak pan, turn down heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, until meat is done but still pink and sauce has reduced a bit. About 2-3 minutes.
5. To serve, place steak strips on a plate, cover with caramelized onions and top with a little sauce.