A super fast, incredibly easy recipe. Who says lunch has to be boring? Treat yourself today.
- 1 flank steak (we used an amazing one from US Wellness Meats), sliced thin across the grain
- 1 large red onion, sliced into thin rings
- Coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic red wine
- 2 TBSP coconut aminos
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Pinch of sea salt
- Mix sauce ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over high heat. Saute onions until softened, browned and caramelized.
- Meanwhile, heat additional coconut oil in another large skillet over medium high heat. Add steak strips. Sear steak on both sides, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Add sauce to steak pan, turn down heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, until meat is done but still pink and sauce has reduced a bit. About 2-3 minutes.
- To serve, place steak strips on a plate, cover with caramelized onions and top with a little sauce.